Friday, September 7, 2007

Labor Day in the park: Splendor in the Grass

Yes, the Dog Days of Summer are nearly over (the dog daze, on the other hand, lasts year-round), but we sent them out in style down in the park, on an almost too perfect Monday morning.

What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind...


Okay, a little flowery and morbid, but that's Wordsworth for you. The dogs say it so much better.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris -

I LOVE your blog! Great pictures, wonderful and insightful commentary. keep up the great work!

Michel - Jack's owner

Chris said...

What a relief--I was thinking next time we met, I'd have to have cards printed up with the blog addy--actually, I might do that anyway. Probably should post some kind of handbill at the run, in any event.

You know, when I saw your name, for just a moment there, I was trying to think if I'd met any Frenchmen at the run recently. What happened to the other 'l' and 'e'? ;)