Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Photos from Clean-Up Day



Haven't done this in a while, but I got some decent shots, of some more than decent dogs and their people.   The Rocky Run has always had the tradition that when we have a clean-up, people bring their dogs to play, while they work.  It might not work for every run, and it certainly doesn't work for every dog.  But it's never been a problem for us.

I took Burren home after her first hour inside the run, so I could concentrate on the job at hand--couldn't risk taking my eyes off a puppy who probably isn't even four months old. Yolanda brought her back later.  She had an amazing time, as did we all.  For once, we got about the most perfect weather imaginable, and even the work was fun. Not as much fun as what the dogs were doing, but when it that ever not true?

She was a bit scared at first--

--But she makes friends quickly.



Go Mack! (Try putting him in a small dog run.  I dare you.)




Doc (upright) and Mulder (upside down)



Scott was a newb like Burren, a year ago.  Now he runs the place.  Well, he thinks so. 


I know this dog's name, I asked specifically on the day, but it has slipped my mind, as so many other things have.  No excuse for leaving out such a beauty.  (editing--MOXIE!  How did I forget that?)




Nice to see Keelo (sp?), also seen up top, who used to be a regular. 




Before:

After!

Thanks to Jerry, Norma, and Bailea (should have gotten a photo), who are working all year round to keep the run going.  Thanks to our friends at the Parks Dept., who got us everything we needed to make this a successful event.  And to our dogs, for giving us a reason to do it. (Or hypnotizing us to make us think it's all our idea which is my current pet theory, you see what I did there.)

No comments: