Sunday, July 1, 2018

B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Bowl)

Max is gone, but I have other friends who happen to be dogs, and I can bring them water on a hot day if I feel like it.  I went to the run this morning with a few bottles, only to find that the dog run water bowl had been stolen again.  No, I don't get it either.  Nobody gets it.  But it keeps happening.

Fortunately, other people brought some receptacles of various types with them, and my offering did not go to waste.  We'll replace the shared bowl, and maybe come up with a way to deter future thefts, but probably best, if you're bringing water, to bring a bowl too.  There are all kinds of portable bowls.  Or you can just bring a nice stainless steel bowl, which doesn't weigh much compared to the water you're toting (it's really hard to bring too much water on a day like today).

Yes, we've looked into getting running water, and the city has told us it would cost a fortune to do that.  We're lucky to have our shade trees, even if we do have to watch out for falling branches sometimes (there's one just about ready to fall over by the north run entrance--authorities have been notified--just be aware).  The run feels maybe ten degrees cooler than the street.  But it's still a good idea to keep the dogs hydrated, and I'm just saying.  Until we figure out a more permanent solution--BYOB.

No comments: