Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Glorious Fourth at the Fort Washington Dog Beach

All photos taken today--some, as you can see, from a different-than-usual perspective--I waded out a ways into the water. I wasn't the only biped out there with the dogged paddlers on this blazing hot July 4th. Is it just me, or does Max look a bit befuddled that I'm further away from shore than him?











"Beam me up, Scotty!" Hey, the freedom to make bad puns is enshrined in our Constitution, I'll have you know!






Cheyenne arrived a bit late, but still found a swimming buddy.


These jetskiers showed up after most of the dogs had departed, but there were still people in the water--and they were a bit close for comfort. It's a big river, and we can respect everyone's space, can't we?

You just never know what's going to come floating down Mother Hudson.

A shady walk down the beautiful hidden path by the ballfield (still there, in spite of continuing Parks Dept. ambitions to pave it over) has its own charms.
And I conclude with this image, taken on the way to the park this morning. Why? Because cats are Americans too, by gum! E. Pluri-puss Unum!

No comments: