Wednesday, February 13, 2008

This just in! Uno the Beagle wins Westminster! Lucy Van Pelt furious!

"STUPID BEAGLE!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sometime I'll have to post some photos of Max's favorite beagle, Toby, who we frequently meet in the neighborhood. Lovely dog, handsome and sweet. I just never seem to have my camera ready when we see him.

I was walking Max in the snow when Uno won, as described in this article. But there's always YouTube.

I watched a fair bit of Westminster on USA last night--the toy and working groups, mainly. I'm not really a dog show fan so much as a dog fan, but I do like seeing the more unusual breeds--and particularly the ones that haven't been overbred, as so many have (what they've done to the German Shepherd shouldn't happen to a dog).

I was switching over to MSNBC a lot. I think I may have gotten a bit confused. Did somebody say Americans weren't ready for a beagle to win Westminster?

"If not now, when? If not me, AROOOOOOOOO!"


More smug shameless Snoopy dancing can be found here.

No comments: